Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Lists

Once I had it pointed out to me that I'm a list person.  I guess that's my way of keeping organized.  Or semi-organized.  One of the best presents I ever gave was a list journal (last year for Anger's birthday from me and Kayela).  I should look at that again...or ask Anger how she likes it.  Even better than that was getting Jenny the portable stripper pole. Owe Chelcee the genius behind that one.  But this is a post for lists.  Lately in my journal I've been making random lists.  It's enjoyable.  So why not blog about it?

Concerts I want to go to:

  • Justin Bieber (yes, I am jealous of all the little girls who get to go that I keep hearing about
  • The Shins (happening today)
  • Taylor Swift (I think this could be the greatest concert ever and I would sing every word)
  • Dave Matthews Band (for old time's sake)

Places I want to travel to:
  • Hawaii (how have I still never been?)
  • A cruise...to anywhere (refer to the parentheses in bullet one)
  • South America
  • Africa (thank goodness this is happening in under 2 weeks!)
  • India (I want to work in the leprosy colony)
  • Thailand (seems like a good place to ride an elephant)
  • Savannah, Georgia
  • Florida (I could always go back)
  • San Francisco
  • Utah or New England (to see the fall leaves)
  • Virginia (I still have not seen any of Laura's college soccer games)
  • Revisit all my places in Europe and see Florence, Spain, Austria, Prague, Germany, Switzerland
  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Tonga
  • I could go on forever, so I'll just stop


Bucket list items:
  • Swim with dolphins in the wild (I have endangered myself on more than one occasion trying to fulfill this one, and yet it's still up there.  Why do dolphin's have to swim so fast?)
  • Kiss a black guy (maybe I should've taken some of the opportunities I've had)
  • I'm sure there's more, but these are the ones I'm thinking of right now

Businesses I want to start:
Note: if you steal my business ideas from my blog, that's just mean
  • Journal making business with Kayela
  • Pastry shop with Laura
  • Women's clinic with Stephanie
  • A backpacking through Europe business with authentic in country experiences

As fatty club president I owe one of these lists to go to great food:
  • raspberry tarts
  • Cafe Rio pork salads
  • Greek yogurt with honey from Turkey
  • Sister Volsky's Thanksgiving dinner
  • Lettuce wraps (why did Chili's get rid of these?)
  • Nina's pizza 
  • medistakake
  • creamy pesto pasta
  • which reminds me of pasta da vinci
  • Southern bbq

Favorite musicals:
  • Wicked
  • Les Miserables
  • Phantom of the Opera

Things that annoy me:
  • Slow traffic
  • boys on occasion
  • bratty people
  • cheapness
  • passive aggressiveness

Retarded Injuries (pretty easy since all my injuries are retarded)
  • breaking my middle finger while trying to catch a basketball wearing drunk glasses
  • cutting my leg to the point of needing stitches while going down a jello slide
  • catching my arm in the top of a fence while jumping off in attempt to recover a lost tennis ball
  • falling on my knee while running before I was fully awake at 6:30 am (this may sound not intense, but it got infected and I had to see the doctor, and after it was part way healed I got a prayer blister on it)


Things I was once voted for in most likely's (see how many of them I have fulfilled)
  • to be in a reality tv show
  • to help a friend in need
  • to marry first out of my high school friends
  • to run off with pirates and elves
  • to get a PhD

Favorite Smokey memories:
  • The time I blamed him for farting and he started laughing at me
  • The story of him running over Jasper (or getting Jasper to roll over him) to get to the hot dogs first and then having him throw up those hot dogs whole
  • That he was such a good trained dog and we completely untrained him
  • how he could always leave the vegetables in left overs (even if we mixed them with mashed potatoes and gravy)
  • how he'd always love to walk with me
  • how he waited for me to come home from college before he died

Okay, I won't make you suffer through reading any more lists...but wasn't that fun!  Go home kids and make a list.

No comments:

Post a Comment